The health crisis derived from Coronavirus affects directly labour relations. This crisis affects companies from a compliance and economic point of view. Therefore, the Human Resources department will have to manage a multitude of situations related to labor relations in the company, and solutions will have to adapt to the exceptional situation we are going through.
Below are some of the situations that might need to be managed by the Human Resources department:
- Adoption of temporary measures for the suspension of employment contracts due to force majeure or for objective reasons (economic, organizational or productive technical consequences) derived from the expansion of the coronavirus.
- Temporary closure of the company due to temporary force majeure.
- The need of employees to work at home or telework.
- Possible situations of temporary disability derived from common illness.
- Justified absences of employees due to quarantines imposed by the health authority.
- Reinforcement of health and safety regulations.
- Refusal of workers to travel to risk areas can lead to situations of interpretation and labor conflict arising from the crisis.
- Need of employees to take care of their children due to closing of schools, kindergartens, etc.
- Need to establish protocols for action before the crisis.
The above are just some cases that are already being considered at this time and must be resolved by adapting them to each organization.
UHY Fay & Co is at your service to analyze the situation of your company and provide the necessary support to minimize the risks and conflict that may arise from this exceptional situation.