Today, the balance between economic and social development must be in the agenda of every company. Nevertheless, good strategic planning results in costs reduction and income increase.
Companies approach the environmental challenge from three parameters:
- Comply with current legal requirements that, in the Spanish case, follow European guidelines;
- Diminish costs, mainly energetic; and
- Increase its qualification towards its components and the society.
UHY Fay & Co offers environmental consultancy that includes advisory, training and management of procedures related to the company’s activities or other organizations, in the context where its objectives are develop and its future options decided:
- Intelligent / smart planning
- Urban-environmental processing
- Environmental evaluation, impact, processing and economic analysis
- Strategies for sustainability
Also, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) constitutes an element of reference of a company, introduces measures that translate into a number of economic, social and environmental commitments that add value to the firm’s compliance of all its legal obligations, and has the objective of contributing to the social and economic progress within the framework of a sustainable development.
Environment & sustainability
Defined as “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” (World Commission on Environment and Development, 1987), sustainable development has emerged as the guiding principle for long-term global development. Consisting of three pillars, sustainable development seeks to achieve, in a balanced manner, economic development, social development and environmental protection.