We guide you through a complex tax environment
We offer tax advice to structure specific transactions, whether they are acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations or property deals.
Our team of specialized tax advisors will help you, or your company, to choose the right way forward.
We know the tax regulation applicable in the different jurisdictions and the particular norms that can affect your business such as customs duty, fees and exchange control. Our objective is to maximize your tax efficiency globally.
Our expanding team of dedicated international tax specialists will provide successful international advisory and corporate structuring. This will be accomplished through an innovative approach to international tax issues, including:
- Controlled foreign companies legislation
- Double tax treaties relief
- Earnings repatriation
- Tax reductions
- Tax credit planning
- Thin capitalisation
- Transfer pricing
We have the ability and resources to help you set up or reorganise your company group to:
- Maximise the efficiency of transactions between the different companies
- To find synergies between companies’ costs, distribution of dividends and the organization of shared events
We would reorganise the company group through mergers, divisions, shares exchanges or any other formula that will allow us to minimised fiscal costs.
We offer an intelligent tax advisory to protect you or your company’s growth, and be able to secure it against any eventuality while taking advantage of every opportunity available to you.
Smart corporate tax planning can help you achieve very substantial benefits. We can help with:
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment returns
- Advice on instalments and other payment dates
- Buying or selling a business
- Application to investment subsidies
- Loan relationships and foreign exchange
- Group relief
- Loss relief planning
- Capital gains
- Relief for expenditure on intangible assets
- International tax advisory
We have solid experience and we work rigourously to find the correct angle and documentation to support the eligibility of the claim, meeting all deadlines to guarantee the accomplishment of the claim.
- We will be in touch with you during the whole process:
- Providing an initial evaluation of the financial aspects of the claim
- Identifying key points and strategies to face the claim
- Assisting to find valuable documentation to support claim
- Advising you from beginning to end
- Elaborating an expert report to use it during the claim
We have worked alongside privately owned businesses for many years so we understand your needs and have built expertise to provide solutions to your problems.
We will help you design the best corporate structure, the one that guarantees that dividends, interest and rights and taken into account and allow maximum profitability.
- Succession planning
- Creation of the board of directors
- Creation of the family advisory board
- Preparation of the company protocol
- Preparation of the family memorandum
- Registration of of the company protocol and family memorandun in the
- Company Registry
- Advise in the setting up of corporate structures to adequately separate operating companies and asset holding companies
VAT can affect all aspects of an organisation and it is complex in practice. We appreciate that every organisation is different and the emphasis of our work is to solve individual problems in a practical manner to support your overall business goals.
Duty affects most importers and exporters and we can assist in ensuring that international tax is minimised through the expertise of our global network, present in over 100 countries.
Transfer pricing legislation has suffered important modifications that affect any operation carried out between a company and its related parties, its shareholders, individuals or directors. We have a specialist team to help you with:
- Transfer pricing documentation
- Risk Assessment
- Design and implementation of transfer pricing policies
- Benchmarking studies
- Country-by-country reporting
- Defense in inspections
- Advance Pricing Agreements (APA)
- Revision of contracts and agreements
Foreign citizens wishing to become Spanish residents require specific tax advice, as an operation has different tax implications in different countries. Adequate tax advice for a change of residence can result in considerable savings.
UHY Fay & Co is endowed with a specialist team of professionals with many years of experience in this field.
We provide assistance with special tax projects of companies, often involving very stringent and complicated transactions. Such services include:
- Transfer and transmission of shares
- Increase in share capital, creation of new share classes
- Splits of shares, reductions in share capital
- Mergers, splits, acquisitions and application for tax relief
- Drafting and re-drafting statutes
- Winding up of companies
- Dividend and advanced dividend minutes
- Change of company name
- Re-registration of private companies as private/public companies
- Re-registration of public companies as private companies
- Change of date of the closing of the financial year
- Change of the registered office
- Change of directors
- Redomiciliation of companies: change of the nationality of the company and registered address to other jurisdiction, adapting the bylaws of the company to the requirements of the new jurisdictions.
- Holding companies, including family holding companies
“Accordion operations”: reduction and simultaneous capital increase in order to re-establish necessary equity levels.
- Drafting of mercantile contracts as a consequence of reorganising the financial situation of the company.
We will be able to help you when facing a tax audit or tax inspection. A tax audit or tax inspection occurs when the Tax Administration finds lack of coherence between the data they hold and the data submitted by the individual or business. In many cases is a small query on a return but they can also be serious and you will undoubtelly need the advise of a professional as the risks you will have to face might be too high.
Our role will be to study your case and explain the Tax Administration what happened and why. We will need to prepare a dossier with all the relevant documentation and attend to several meetings with the tax inspector to clarify all doubts.
Outsourcing your company’s secretarial administration lightens you administrative burden and brings many benefits, including direct access to professional advisers, increased efficiency and cost savings.
MAINTENANCE OF STATUTORY RECORDS
This is one of the most important administrative tasks required by Spanish mercantile law and cannot be done properly without prompt and careful attention to detail and a sound grasp of the legal requirements. These include:
- Minutes of General Meetings
- Minutes of Directors Meetings
- Share Register for the Company
STATUTORY FILING REQUIREMENTS
Once a year your company is required to deliver to the Mercantile Register the following documents:
- Annual return in the prescribed form
- A complete set of Annual Accounts
- Company information
We can prepare or assist you in the preparation of this statutory documents and arrange for its filing with the Mercantile Register.
MEETINGS AND MINUTES
Generally, every company must hold one Annual General Meeting (AGM) in each calendar year within 6 months as of the closing date of the year. We can prepare the relevant draft Board Minutes, notices and AGM minutes.
We offer various packages and will tailor our service to cater for the needs of your individual company or groups of companies.